Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bobbin for sanity!

we can begin this journey over the last few weeks and call it the lost weeks.... let me tell you why..... First off, when i get an idea in my head i kinda get obsessive... that combined with having no patience whatsoever ends me up in the local st vincent de paul buying a lovely old used beat up sewing machine... (someone should have stopped me). Sounds great right??? soo wrong!  Along with this sewing machine i purchase a huge bag of scrap fabric.... so very proud of myself i carry it to my car, go home and think i'm going to bust out some pillows. HAHAHA in my face... no this does not happen... did i mention i have never sewn anything (ever).... so i try to thread the machine.... fail..... i try technique after technique.. fail fail fail.... call my mom... she laughs .... and it just keeps going. So now i want to throw it against a wall..... but no.. i take it to the local quilt shop here and beg a lady to please help me thread it... she follows me to my car (as to not disturb the quilting class) and assists me. Bobbin??? what the hell is a bobbin?? (should have listened to my mother about that one)! oh apparently you need a bobbin to sew.. i don't have one... so i march back into st vincent de paul and argue down a lady who swears it has one! 20 minutes later she comes out with the missing bobbin from the back room...... home i go... still fail! Then i drive an hour to my moms later that week... we look up youtube videos on how to get this thing to work.. fail! Anyways, it is now another week later, my mom has gotten me another sewing maching in working order... and i sit here looking at it, staring at it.... yet cant make a stitch! Stupid bobbin) NOPE, NOT ME! Seriously HATE the bobbin... i have taken it apart 32 times.. thats not normal... i cant thread the needle... i cant thread the bobbin, and it goes back and forth....... still have not sewn anything! This project is to be continued because I WILL SUCCEED! (hate the word bobbin now) hahahaa....... just a little share story into my life....
Today i plan on making homemade pasta... not really sure how this will pan out, but plan on surprising my husband with it when he gets home from work.... :) If i end up throwing it against a wall i will take a picture! haha... your seeing now why i refer to myself as a wanna-be-housewife right???? I think i will let my 4 yr old help with the pasta..... it will entertain us for the day :) Much more to come, but here it is.. another little insight in my life..... By the wayI have not smashed the bobbin with a hammer yet... (YET).........

No comments:

Post a Comment